Fishing is not that fun if you do not have the proper gear. Fishing requires a bit of investment to become enjoyable and the first thing that you need to get or upgrade is your fishing rod & reel combos. These are essential for every amateur fisherman that wants to have an enjoyable experience alone or with friends.
7. Shakespeare –8'6" Tidewater® Trolling Combo
6. Penn 6'6" Special Senator Conventional Saltwater Combo, Heavy Power
Penn, as a brand, has decades of experience designing and building fishing equipment. Their 6’6″ Special Senator Conventional Saltwater Combo stays true to this legacy. Designed to be used for saltwater fishing, the rod offers improved leverage and enhanced rigidity, reducing flex and the chance of breaking it.
5. Daiwa BG5000 Offshore Spinning Combo
4. Okuma 7' Custom Black Series Inshore Spinning Combo, Size 55 Reel
3. Shakespeare 6' Catch More Fish Lake Pond Spinning Combo
2. Penn 7' Spinfisher VI 5500 Heavy Spinning Combo
1. Shimano 5'9" TLD20 Reel/Star Rod Stand-Up Conventional Combo
Shimano is known to be a premium brand. Their products rarely disappoint and the 5’9″ TLD20 combo follows suit. It is a versatile but reliable combo. Being one of their mid-range fishing rod & reel combos, the model uses a graphite frame along with an aluminum spool which gives it ruggedness, robustness, and performance.